What is ISB PGP MAX (http://apphelp.co.in/ISB-PGPMAX.htm)
The Post Graduate Programme in Management for Senior Executives (PGPMAX) has been launched by ISB in December 2009. This management program is made for senior executives, who can’t enroll for a full-time program owing to their hectic work life. It is equivalent to executive management program (or exec MBA).
It is so far the most expensive MBA program in India and also the first in its league.
This is very different from a typical distance MBA and is designed in a way that would not disturb the work life in a major way.
Who should go for it
This is targeted towards senior executives with 10+ years of experience, with potential to become globally renowned business leaders. The executives may be working as a functional leader/ expert or in general management positions. The collective experience of the PGP MAX batch would in itself be a key source of learning.
An indirect audience would also be the organizations who wish to enhance the skills of their leadership teams/ senior members without sending them on sabbatical. Such organizations may sponsor their employees (in part/ full) to pursue PGP MAX program. With the ISB brand, the branding of workforce would also go up.
Why PGP MAX
- Excellent Brand (ISB is FT 12) and learning opportunity (highly experiences people from across industry)
- Practically Zero Opportunity cost (learn while you work)
- Classes will be held for a period of 6 days (every 6th week) at ISB campus. This will allow the candidates to attend the sessions. Travel times range from 3-8 hours from most of the cities in Asia and Europe. Face to face learning in a key highlight of this hybrid program.
- Opportunity to apply what you learn, simply because you have a sufficient time lag between various learning sessions (6 days each)
- Access to ISB network, resources and career management services (placement services not included)
- International stint is another key highlight with a 3 week trip ( 2 weeks in USA and 1 week in Brazil) including industry visits, classes and interaction with top management
How to go about it
The application process was opened on 3rd Dec 2009 and the deadline to submit the application is 15th March 2010. An online application needs to be filled and submitted along with a copy of the resume and certain scanned documents mentioned below:
- Copy of Passport
- Bachelors degree certificate and grade/marks sheet(s)
- Other education documents (if there is some other qualification done)
- Proof of income
- Business card of applicant
- GMAT, TOEFL/IELTS scores, for international candidates
Applicants will be shortlisted for interview (post submission of application and other documents) and final admission decision will be released by 30th April 2010
There is a non refundable application fee of INR 10,000 (approximately USD 200).
It is advisable to take professional help which would guide through application process and essays review.
Tuition wavers: There are waivers available depending on which category your organization will belong to. Please refer http://www.isb.edu/pgpmax/tuitionwaivers.shtml for details
Payment details: The program fee is INR 25 lacs. Please refer http://www.isb.edu/pgpmax/paymentschedule.shtml for details.
Financing options: Loans are available as per arrangements made by ISB with bank(s). Please refer http://www.isb.edu/pgpmax/financing.shtml for details.