Berkeley Haas Interview experience 1 – Round 2 for Class of 2014
Haas alumnus from class of 2008 conducted an off-campus interview. The interviewer was very friendly and made the interview totally stress free. At the same time he also provided valueable insights about the Haas MBA. Here is how it went
- Run me through your resume
- Why Berkeley Haas?
- What would you change about your company if you were CEO or Chairman?
- Tell me about a time where you had to convince a team of your opinion or something which was against the conventional belief.
- Whats your leadership style?
- How would you add value to Berkeley community?
- Then we went into the zone of current trends/ events etc – Where the markets are headed, Facebook valuation & IPO
- Any questions for me?
Berkeley Haas Interview experience 2 – Round 2 for Class of 2014
I had a face 2 face interview with a Haas alumnus in my city. He was taking notes of my question responses.
Here are a few questions asked by him:
- He had a copy of my resume and asked me to take him through that
- Why MBA at this stage in your career?
- Why Haas and not any other US B school?
- What do you think is the most important aspect of leadership? What is your leadership style? This question is generally asked in many Haas interviews
- Talk about something which bothers you most at your workplace?
The interview went for over an hour. It was a pleasant interview.
Berkeley Haas Interview experience 3 – Round 2 for Class of 2012
I applied in round 2 for class entering in 2010 and was interview in March 2010. My interview was scheduled with a recent graduate with similar background.
The interview was very formal and my interviewer had prepared certain questions for me.
Some questions were:
- Talk about something not mentioned in the resume
- Run me through your resume & talk about your career progression till date
- Talk about your current role and job responsibilities
- Have you ever managed people – talk about the challenges faced
- Have you ever experienced conflict with another team member? What steps did you take to resolve it.
- What are your long and short term goals? Why Haas for MBA
- What will success look like for you? How do you define success?
- How will you contribute to your class and peer group learning
- Any questions for me?
The interview lasted for 30 min. There were some abstract questions such as “How would your define success?” . In all the interview was relaxed.. fingers crossed!