Profile: Indian/ Female, 4 years Software Engineer & analyst
I was interviewed by the head of admissions from Oxford. She was very pleasant and friendly. She made me feel quite comfortable and relaxed before starting with the interview. The interview began with introductions and it lasted for almost 45 mins. Here are the questions asked.
1. Tell me something about yourself
2. What are your major responsibilities at work?
3. What challenges you face in this role?
4. Why MBA and why Oxford?
5. What are your major strengths?
6. What makes you a good leader?
7. Tell me about a situation where you faced a challenging situation as a leader. How do you deal with people of different natures like an extremely introvert or an extremely extrovert person?
8. Tell me about a situation in which you helped a team member
9. What is the difference between a leader and a manager? Are you a leader or a manager?
10. What has been your biggest professional failure?
11. What are your weaknesses? What are you doing to improve upon your weaknesses.
12. What makes Oxford different from the other schools you are applying to?
13. Why do you want to get into consulting?
14. If not Oxford then what?
15. If you don’t a job after MBA what is your back up plan?
16. Where do you want to work after you MBA and why?
17. How do you deal with cultural differences in people?
18. What challenges do woman face in the corporate world?
19. Why should we accept you into Oxford? Give me 3 reasons?
20. Are you a better leader or better team player?
21. Any questions for us?