ISB YLP Interview Experience 1
Here is how my interview was.
The interview started 1 hour late. (Total mis-management).
Panel consisted of two people (a Lady and a Gentleman). Both seemed professors to me.
1. First thing they asked me was from one of my essay on Cricket. Had a little discussion on what my opinions were on the IPL and test cricket.
2. Second question was on how I want to learn marketing skills in the coming two years. Again, a topic from my profile and essays. Had a small discussion on recent marketing campaigns that have caught my attention. (Hero and Airtel)
3. Very general discussion on what I do beyond academics. Basically extra curriculars and co curriculars.
4. She tried to check my general awareness and knowledge of current affairs.
5. Any questions for ISB adcom.
ISB YLP Interview Experience 2
The interview day was divided into 2 segments. A case analysis in the morning (9-10) and interview at 3:20 pm. The case analysis was as follows:
“A middle-of-the-pack consumer products company has been experiencing decline in the sales of its leading shampoo product. Make recommendations. Make your own assumptions.”
In the interview, the case analysis was not discussed.
The interview panel consisted of 2 people. The interview lasted for 10-15 minutes. It was mostly focussed on the essays. They grilled me on my work experience, asked me about my strengths and weaknesses and asked for additional examples for what i’d written in the essays. That was pretty much about it.